Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Spoiled like last months milk.

. Lil' Bear's birthday was a smashing success and Nana and Papa's living room is now flooded with a menagerie of loud, blinking, rolling, singing, ringing, plastic things and at least four new Elmos' to add to his growing army of red, squeaky voiced giggle monsters. I am so tickled that so many people showed up to celebrate his first year. From the wonderful banquet room and the great pizza (a shout out to one of the best taco pizzas in the Portland area!!!), to the love and generosity of so many friends and family, it was a fantastic birthday. And one that will be well documented too; I took a half hour of video, a couple dozen pictures, a bunch of signatures and well-wishings in his baby book that we had put out on one of the tables, and this blog. I think all the bases are covered!

. And he loooooves his toys. He really loves the guitar Nana got for him, but he gets so excited about it when he sees it that he gets a wee bit violent and I'm afraid he's just gonna smash the hell out of it if left unsupervised with it for even a fraction of a second!! He loves all of his Elmos, ALL of his Elmos, and I can now hear that evil falsetto giggle like a hatchet attack every night in my dreams.
. Mommy and Daddy scored a touch down with the inflatable ball crawl playland we got for him. I don't know where we are going to put it though.....
. And a huge, HUGE thank you too the person who wrote down what gifts he received from whom in his baby book. I can never, ever, ever remember that stuff and it always makes me feel like such a jerk! But now we know who to thank and who take take hits out on with a written document of his plunder. Those who gave loud Elmos (I'm lookin at you, Sis), will be remembered when we can afford retribution.

. Again, thanx so very, very much to everybody for their love and support. It makes me so happy and proud that our boy has so many incredible people in his life. I can't wait to see what the future holds and how he's going to grow and what kind of character he'll be and all that jazz.... ugh, I love that spoiled little monster!!!!





These are the good times.









No comments:

Post a Comment