Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Is is too late to cuddle?

Yeah, it's the strangest thing. He's never enjoyed being held, ever. In anybodies arms he's good for a few seconds before he wants to go do something else. But, at eighteen months he's starting to get into it. Sitting in my lap while I read to him has only happened a few times, but those are the best, and after a couple of his naps he's just wanted to be picked up and held as soon as he wakes up. The very best though was a couple of weeks ago when the three of us went to have dinner at the Sweet Tomatoes up in the 'Couv. He had played pretty good that day and fell asleep in the car just as we pulled into the parking lot. (Don't kids have AMAZING timing for things like that?) I pulled him out and he was completely limp, put him up on my shoulder and we went in. We went through the line and got our salads and he never moved. We payed, chit-chatted with the cashier for a sec, and found a table and sat down and he was still like a rag doll. Even while I ate brocoli and other crunchy veggies with his head right against my neck, he didn't move. It wasn't until we'd finished our salads and got some soup and bread that he finally woke up. (Also just like a kid to wake up after the salad and vegetable course!) He was so dazed and it was obvious that he was looking around wondering just where in the heck he'd woken up this time. Too, too tooo toot too cute a tot. He enjoyed some good yummy food and his insides didn't have any problem with any of it. So far it seems that the only thing that really messes up his system is large amounts of milk or too much apple juice in one day. Both for different reasons, but you don't really want to hear about all of that, do you?
He loves to dance to the music!! He's got Saturday Night Fever!! You can tell by the way he walks he's a woman's man, no time to talk! I hooked our stereo up he loves listening to all kinds of stuff. He really likes high energy, percussive stuff (Big surprise.); Santana, Sublime, Big Business. And he makes Daddy very proud by liking my band, Ghostmob. I've had him try on some Tony Bennet, Dean Martin, Fohnny Cash, but he's not into it yet. Sadly, he had no time for Willie Nelson's Red Headed Stranger, which is one of my all time favs. Oh well, could be worse. I wonder what popular kids music is going to sound like in ten years or so. I'll find out, wheather I'm ready or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment