Tuesday, April 24, 2012

First day at Daycare!!

Well, as hard as it was for us, both emotionally and financially, we found a Daycare for Baron the day before I started my new job. Man, it was not easy. So many preschools and even quality daycare's have a several month waiting list. And cost around 1500 bucks a month. Yeesh. We were able to find one in St. John's, close to Nano and Papo's house which is ideal because we are relying on Papo to pick up Baron when he gets off work so we can afford to have him in day care. The lady who runs the daycare seems good. I know I've seen her around town and she says that she takes the children out everyday if possible so I'm sure we've crossed paths here and there. I have trouble with her name though. Lo-chi? I believe she's Indian (like, from India. Native Americans are not Indians. Chris Columbus thought he landed in India. Meh.) and she has a strong accent that I have a little trouble understanding but most important, she loves her kids. I'm sure I could make a long list of little things I saw in her home that made me nervous leaving our son there but, really, I know I could make a long list of little things in any home we would leave Baron in. Hell, I'd probably be nervous is it was too CLEAN. To me, and Christina, the most important thing is that the person taking care of our super special boy loves kids and shows it. Still, it's hard. But, I dropped him off just after nine this morning and he raced up to the door (having only been there once the day before) and when he ran inside he made himself right at home and didn't even notice (or care?) that I was leaving. When I got home from work today he actually told me that they all went to the park and he climbed the stairs and went down the slide and played games and sang songs. He told me this. I love him so much. But then, just an hour ago, wife and I are sitting on the couch and he comes over to us crying, but not a normal cry. We asked him different questions to get him to tell us what happened and we were able to figure out that he had given himself an electric shock by putting the cable to my keyboard in his mouth while it was still plugged in. Dear readers, this terrifies me to my very core. After the last three years and every damn thing we've been through and the lengths we've gone to keep him safe and healthy and he electricutes himself. In the mouth. Needless to say the keyboard is put away, out of reach and I'm on high alert again, looking for anything that's a danger. Guess what I found? EVERYTHING'S A DANGER WHEN YOU HAVE A TODDLER/KID!!! You can baby proof to a certain extent but there's just no stopping a child bent on doing things that they shouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment